Thank you for taking the time to read through this update and for getting your athletic clearances completed. If you have specific questions about summer conditioning for your sport, please contact the coach directly. Coaches list Below is information on the athletic clearance process for this year including some big changes to concussion baseline testing and getting cleared.
2023-24 Athletic Start Dates:
Fall sport tryouts: August 4th
Winter sport tryouts: October 30th
Spring sport tryouts: January 29th
To participate in Lynbrook High School sports for the 2023-2024 school year, all Athletes, marching band, cheer, and dance participants MUST complete Athletic Clearance. All forms must be completed, and athletes must be cleared by the Lynbrook athletic trainer/athletic director before the beginning of the school year or they cannot participate in their sport. All physicals must be dated after June 1st to be eligible to participate in a sport for the 2023-2024 school year.
Please see below for deadlines.
- FUHSD – Physical Exam Form – Part 1
- Parent/Guardian must fill in the form
- Must be signed and dated by Parent/Guardian
- Must be signed and dated by Student
- FUHSD – Physical Exam Form – Part 2
- Parent/Guardian must fill in the first section of the form
- Doctor must fill out all other areas of the form
- Doctor must approve sport participation, sign, date and stamp the form. (The state of CA only accepts physicals that are signed, stamped and dated from a MD, DO, PA or NP. Physicals signed by a RN, LVN, PT or DC will NOT be accepted)
- LHS Physical Form
- Digital Registration – Open for all Sports
- Go to athleticclearance.com
- New Athletes – Parent/Guardian will need to create an account and register for the sport they plan to play. Your student ID is your Lynbrook student ID, please do not use your CUSD ID number as it is no longer valid. Your Lynbrook ID# can be found on your schedule confirmation email and will start with #523XXXX
- Returning Athletes – Parent/Guardian will need to log in and update the information
- All Athletes MUST scan and upload the Physical Exam Forms (part 1 and part2) as one document to Athletic Clearance
- Register for only ONE sport per season that you intend to play. DO NOT register for All Sports.
- Preseason Concussion Baseline Test
- For the School year 2023-2024, concussion baseline testing will be completed on campus on the following dates:
- June 5th from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (last student admitted)
- June 6th from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (last student admitted)
- August 2nd from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (last student admitted)
- August 3rd from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (last student admitted)
- More dates to come for winter and spring sport athletes (August 20th deadline), please check back often for updates.
Please take this test seriously as it will be used as your baseline to evaluate possible concussion symptoms in the event of an injury.
Once the Athletic Trainer/Athletic Director has cleared you you will be eligible to participate in the sport.
August 3rd: All paperwork and the baseline concussion test completed and valid for returning athletes and Freshmen playing a Fall sport
August 20th: All paperwork and the baseline concussion test completed and valid for all athletes playing a Winter or Spring sport
***I understand that it is difficult to get physicals for some. Many urgent care clinics have appointments for sports physicals only. They usually cost around $60-$80.